Requirements & Credentials
Egyptian General Secondary Certificate(Thanawiya Amma, Scientific and literary branches).
Equivalent Certificates :
Certificates from Arab Countries (Scientific and literary branches
The following subjects are not included in calculating the general grand total: Islamic studies, physical education, military education, conduct, and AL Tarbiya Al Wataniya.
1. The British GCSE and IGCSE :
Students applying for admission should meet the following requirements:
- A minimum grade of C in eight O-level subjects (extended) taken in no more than 5 sittings in the last three years prior to admission.
- Only one subject taken at two different levels (O, AS or A) can be counted.
- Arabic as a first language can be counted.
- Grades of “A” to “ D “ are accepted at the AS and A levels.
- Only one subject taken at two different levels (O and AS or A) can be counted as two subjects.
- If one subject is taken at the AS and A levels only the highest score is counted.
2. The American High School Diploma :
- Holders of an accredited American high school diploma should meet the following requirements :
Eight subjects each taken as one complete unit:
- 4 subjects minimum at grade 12.
- 2 subjects at grade 11.
- 2 subjects maximum at grade 10.
- SAT-1 score as determined by the Supreme Council of Universities each year.
- Students, who got their high school diplomas from the Arab Republic of Egypt, must have their certificates authenticated from the issuing US institution or any international accreditation authority. Certificates authenticated from any institution or authorities that are not listed in the ministerial decree will not be accepted. In addition, all certificates must be authenticated by the Egyptian Cultural Attaché in Washington.
- Arabic studied in the American High School diploma at the level of the Arabic course studied in the international baccalaureate diploma, under the title the International Diploma Language B), is counted in the eight required courses.