Merit University Privacy Statement
This statement which applies to www.merit.edu.eg explains what information we collect from users of our platforms (website and mobile application), including information that may be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”) and how we use them. By using MUE’s website and mobile application, you are agreeing to our collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. The terms (“we”, “us”, “our” and “MUE”) each is used to refer to The Merit University in Sohag.
This Statement applies to any user or visitor to any of MUE platforms.
MUE reserves the right to modify this statement at any time and users should periodically check our website, including this privacy page, for updates on this Privacy Statement
Types of Information we collect
We and with assistant with third-party tools collect information such as your IP address, browser type, pages you visited on our website, the time spent while using our services, and other information to diagnose and evaluate our service. Moreover, we may ask you to fill some surveys, and that requires from your end to provide us with some personal information such as personal email address, academic-related information.
Cookies are light files in which we use to grab some details from your device related to the browser used, website pages visited history, and some other information related to your browsing history on the MUE website only.
How we Use this Information?
- Delivering and improving the overall user experience and taking sound marketing decisions on the website
- Creating better user experience for website users
- Linking or combining user information with other Personal Information.
- Protecting, investigating, and deterring against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- Responding to your comments, questions and provide requested information.
- MUE employees are viewing your personal information that need updates. Still, in some cases, we need to share your information with third-party authorities such as Government authorities and Regulators to perform their tasks on behalf of us.
MUE maintains your personal data access security from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse or intrusion. MUE limits the access of your data to those employees and service providers who need to process and manipulate your information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The Safety and Security of the Information that is provided over the internet outside the MUE network is not MUE’s responsibility or liability to protect. By using the website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Sharing of Personal Information
MUE does not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties for commercial reasons except to provide any service you have requested or authorized. To help us do our work, we may provide access to some of your Personal Information to vendors for website and emails management third parties to enhance such services.