Requirements & Credentials
Egyptian and Arab Thanaweya Amma Required Documents
• The Official Secondary School Certificate .
• Arab certificates should be stamped from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of that country and the Egyptian Embassy.
Required Documents of Foreign Certificates
• Documents of twelve years of schooling which can be either:
•3rd Preparatory schooling and enrollment letter from the school with the following three years stamped from the school and the Educational Zone.
•6th Primary schooling and enrollment letter from the school with the following six years stamped from school and the Educational Zone.
•In case of the international system , an enrollment letter of twelve years of schooling stamped from school and the Educational Zone .
•In case holding an academic year(s) from national system in Egypt; official and original certificate from the Educational Zone should be submitted.
•Proof of schooling from Arab countries must be stamped by the school, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of this country and the Egyptian Embassy in the foreign country.
•Foreign certificate holders from Egypt (like IGCSE, American diploma,….etc) must submit proof stamped from the General Department of Examinations of passing Thanaweya Amma exams for (Arabic, Religion and National subjects).
Required Documents of IGCSE
• IGCSE slips, stamped by the British Council, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the General Department of Examinations.
•Applicants from outside Egypt that hold IGCSE must have their slips stamped by the British Council, the Egyptian Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the country related.
•Applicants from outside Egypt that hold IGCSE with a C grade in their O Levels must get a letter from the British Council stating that these courses are extended not core.
•Only one subject taken at two different levels (O, AS or A) can be counted.
•Arabic as a first language can be counted.
•Grades of “A” to “ D “ are accepted at the AS and A levels.
•Only one subject taken at two different levels (O and AS or A) can be counted as two subjects.
•If one subject is taken at the AS and A levels only the highest score is counted.
Required Documents of American Diploma
• Grades of eight subjects each taken as one complete unit:
• 4 subjects minimum at level 12.
• 2 subjects at level 11.
• 2 subjects maximum at level 10.
• SAT-1 score as determined by the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities each year.
• Students, who got their high school American diplomas from the Arab Republic of Egypt, must have their official certificates with grades 10, 11, and 12, stamped from the issuing US institution or any international accreditation authority.
• If Grades 10, 11 and 12 are from different schools, separate transcripts are required for each grade.
• Official SAT-1 stamped from the AMIDEAST and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
• Official SAT-II stamped from the AMIDEAST and the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research is required if it will be included in the calculation.
Canadian Certificate/French Baccalaureate/ German Secondary Certificate (Abitur)
• Applicants’ results will evaluat according to the rules set by the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities.